Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ottolenghi's Lamb Kofte with Tahini Sauce and Pine Nuts


I'm not that familiar with Middle Eastern food, other than going to Layla's Falafel, a local eatery where I live.  I've been bowled over with Chef Ottolenghi's cookbook, Jerusalem, however, so I want to learn to make this delicious and fresh food at home.  I went and bought preserved lemons, sumac, and Greek yogurt, to add to the za'atar, tahini and dried chickpeas I already had in my kitchen.

I am ready.

Today I made Ottolenghi's basic hummus and his lamb kofte, which is flavored with warm spices like allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  We ate the kofte wrapped in a warm pita slathered with tahini sauce, diced cucumber and tomatoes, and sprinkled pine nuts. My family declared it delicious.

For the recipe, click here.

No comments: