Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Leftover Maven: Mushroom Stroganoff


My friends Kate and Julia are vegetarians, and I admire them.  I wish I could leave meat behind.  But as my daughter Christina says, beef and bacon tastes too good!

I endeavor, however, to eat less meat, and I appreciate people like Mark Bittman who has promoted eating less meat and movements like Meatless Monday.

I had some leftover caramelized onions and mushrooms from Super Bowl Sunday, and I thought they would be great in a stroganoff.  I heated them in a skillet, added some broth, worcestershire sauce, paprika, and sour cream.  With egg noodles, it was delectable, and I didn't miss the meat at all.  And it only took 10 minutes!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Simple, quick, and healthy - the perfect dinner.

Kaye said...

this looks delicious! definitely want to try this for dinner soon (:

Joy said...

ohh I haven't stroganoff for so long. It looks great.

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

I have gone meatless for a year now, so this is absolutely my kind of food! Lovely!

littleclove said...

I just found you blog, and love it! I can't wait to try your pesto chicken meatballs! I never would have thought to put pesto in meatballs, but it sounds amazing. Definitely trying that one. And this looks so easy and quick. I always have mushrooms, onions and noodles on hand. Thanks for this!

Quyen - Kitchen Runway said...

That's some good lookin' left overs! Way to be creative! Love it!