Monday, April 19, 2010

Smitten Kitchen's Lime Yogurt Cake with Blackberry Sauce



I get a daily feed from the Food News Journal, a great resource that serves up food news from all over the web. I discovered it when they featured one of my blog posts, and I'm so glad they found me. FNJ is one of my favorite sites now.

In the blog section of today's FNJ, I saw a link for Smitten Kitchen's Lime Yogurt Cake with Blackberry Sauce. A quick look at the recipe and the synapses in my brain immediately started firing away. Yogurt? Yes, I had some Fage from making a Greek-style dinner the other day. Limes? Yup, I had those from making a Mexican-style dinner last night. Blackberries? Nope, but I knew I had some raspberry preserves that I could thin down and use for the sauce.

I was in business.

I ran home, turned on the stove, and whipped everything together in a snap.

A little 30 minute visit to the oven and the cake was done.

Light,tender, and moist, this cake is a winner. What a great spring and summer cake to bring to someone's house or to serve for brunch!

Thank you, Smitten Kitchen. I've never made one of your recipes before, but I will be back. I now know why you are one of the Grande Dames of the Food Blog World.

And thank you, Food News Journal. Keep up the great work as I love your site.

For the cake recipe, please click here

10 comments:

Sandi said...

this looks really lovely.....I will have to try it

Federica said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..che goloso!

Cynthia said...

I love everything Smitten Kitchen makes! I bet this tastes amazing =)

Barbara Bakes said...

It's so nice when you have all the ingredients to whip something up. It almost feels like it was meant to be. I think maybe I was meant to make this cake too!

Ellie (Almost Bourdain) said...

Lovely cake. It's so summery!

Dave said...

Hi Ninette
Hope its OK to contact you here . First of all let me say your blog is beautifully designed and your photography is very professional. We'd like to invite you to appear on our foodie website: http://www.foodierama.com . have a look and if you are interested contact me through the email on this comment of through the contact form on our site
Cheers
Dave

Ellie (Almost Bourdain) said...

I have seen this cake on smitten kitchen and haven't gotten around to make it. Glad to hear that it's good!

Sippity Sup said...

I love FNJ they have great taste. No wonder they found you. GREG

Simply Life said...

YUM! What a delicious cake!

Anonymous said...

O, my!!!! *faint* This is my new favorite dessert. And because it fights scurvy, I can justify eating it every. single. night. (And have.) :)

Thanks, Ninette!

-kp