Imagine my surprise when I found a Kreativ Blogger Award in my mailbox from Zurin of the Cherryonacake blog. Zurin gave me this award for my "beautiful blog and ... amazing creativity with food powders on [my] latest post Daring Cooks July 2009 Challenge." Thank you, Zurin!
This award requires the following of its awardees:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on the blogs you have nominated to let them know they have been nominated.
Seven fun facts about me:
1. I'm an all or nothing person. I can work tirelessly at work or on this blog, but my closet is a sight to behold and mail piles up around my house like snowdrifts, because I hate opening mail.
2. I love my job as a fundraiser. Nothing is better than being able to help an organization secure the resources it needs to fulfill its mission and being with donors who dream beyond their own welfare and make big things happen for the benefit of others.
3. I love to hang around vibrant, positive, big-hearted, opinionated, funny people. I named my blog "Big, Bold, and Beautiful" because it reminded me of my friends Patti and Coleen. When I'm with them and my other friends and family, I'm on Cloud 9 as I know how lucky I am.
4. If you need something done, I'm your woman. I'm a "get it done" person and experienced problem solver, just like my friend Julia who has been a guest blogger here.
5. I am not a pet person, and never ever liked cats, but somehow Isabelle the Kitty has come into my life and stolen my heart. When my kids pulled a "please, please, please"on me and gave me the big soulful eyes from Puss in Boots in the Shrek movie, I gave in reluctantly but now I'm so glad we have this pouncing, playful, crazy kitty.
6. I am a social person. My kids are at their grandparents' house during the summer, and when my husband left on a week-long business trip to Asia, I was out every night with different friends, except one (and that was because I wanted to cook Malaysian chicken curry for the blog). I tell myself that it's good to be alone sometimes, but it's really not my thing.
7. I have been blessed with a loving (and very good-looking) husband, to whom I've been married 16 years at the end of this month and with for 24 years, and two nice, smart, and talented daughters who make my life a wonderful journey.
Marc of NoRecipes: Marc makes the most interesting meals, and his hip, cosmopolitan style in his food and photography shines through and through. His blog was one of the first I saw, and I am continually impressed with his imagination and technique.
Nana of LatabledeNana: When I go to her site, I feel like I am entering another world, a world of beauty, grace, and eternal dappled sunshine. While Marc's photos channel the city, Nana's are of the French countryside. I hear the birds and smell the aromas from my tea and pastry, when I'm on her site.
Kevin of Closet Cooking: I love Kevin's blog, as do the 1,000 plus people who are following it. He is always taking fresh ingredients and making them into different dishes in his Kevin-like way, which I imagine as very creative but efficient too. His trademark saying is "it's really tasty!"
Audax of Audax Artifax: Audax is the guardian angel of the Daring Cooks, always the first to post and show us the way. He also always takes time to comment on each of our challenge results in our blogs. Finally, he doesn't just do the challenge as posted -- he does three or four variations of the challenge. Amazing.
Carole of Hey Mom, What's for Dinner Tonight?: If I ever met Carole, I would give her a big hug. I suspect Carole is a big (in heart), bold, and beautiful person. Her food is creative, as is Carole as she is into all sorts of things, as you will see in her blog.
Cory of CulinaryCory: I really enjoy Cory's blog as he is always doing something different, and I like the variety of posts in his blog. His chocolate pancakes, which he just posted, are driving me crazy ... I guess I'll have to make them to try them!
Aggie of Aggie's Kitchen: Aggie is an awesome person and awesome cook, featuring healthy, flavorful food. She helped me, a complete stranger, get my blog up and running, and I am forever thankful!